Rank: 137 / 999

7 selected articles

Individual Income Tax FAQs -

01. How can I tell if I am a resident of Maine?

For income tax purposes, you are a resident of Maine if

you are domiciled in Maine, or

you are not domiciled in Maine for the entire tax year, but have a permanent home in Maine for the entire tax year and spend more than 183 days of the tax year in Maine.

If you are in the military, your home of record usually is your legal residence. EXCEPT:...

Read more

Income Tax Withholding FAQs - Maine


1. How do I remit income tax withholding payments?

You may make payments electronically either using the Maine EZ Pay internet based payment system or via EFT (ACH credit or ACH debit). For more information go to аand look for the Maine EZ Pay and Electronic Funds Transfer links. To speak with someone about making EFT payments, call the EFT...

Read more

Maine Revenue Services - Sales/Use & Service Provider Tax ...

Other Taxes

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a Maine Sales, Use, or Service Provider Tax account already established with Maine Revenue Services, click the button below labeled "Application."

To file original Sales, Use or Service Provider Tax returns, click on the "Internet Filing" button at the...

Read more

Related topics : file amended tax return / sales and use tax return form / sales and use tax return / sales tax on internet service / sales tax on services

Maine Revenue Services: Income/Estate Tax - Insurance Taxes

Insurance Taxes

Insurance Premiums Tax

Except for captive insurance companies and risk retention groups, every insurer (insurance company, association, producer or attorney-in-fact of a reciprocal insurer) is subject to the Maine insurance premiums tax equal to 2% of all gross direct premiums. Generally, every insurer that does business in Maine or collects premiums or assessments including...

Read more

Related topics : tax insurance premium / estimated tax payment form / estimated tax payments due / estimated tax payments required / estimated income tax payments

Maine Revenue Services: Sales and Use Tax:Exempt Organizations

Maine Sales Tax Exempt Organizations

The State of Maine does not provide a blanket sales and use tax exemption for nonprofit organizations that have been granted a federal tax exemption, known as 501(c) organizations.

The Sales and Use Tax Law provides specific exemptions for a number of different kinds of organizations and institutions, such as hospitals, schools, churches and libraries, etc. Entities that fall into one of the categories...

Read more

Related topics : sales and use tax exemption form / sales and use tax exemption / exemption sales tax / sales tax exempt form / sales and use tax return form

Pass-Through Entity Withholding & Returns -

Pass-Through Entity Withholding & Returns

Partnerships and S corporations with Maine-source income were required to file annual information returns on Form 1065ME/1120S-ME through 2011. Beginning with the 2012 tax year, partnerships and S corporations are no longer required to file Form 1065ME/1120S-ME. Instead, these entities must file Form 941P if they have Maine source income and...

Read more

Related topics : file income tax return / tax filing income requirements / corporation income tax return form / income tax return form / corporation income tax return

Maine Revenue Services - List of Forms and Due Dates

Sales & Buse 15th of the month

Service Provider Tax 15th of the month

Tobacco Distributor Last day of the month

Gas Distributor 21st day of the month

Special Fuel Supplier Distributor

Last day of the month

Mahogany Quahog Last day of the month

Initiator of Deposit 20th of the ...

Read more

Related topics : tax return due date / est tax due dates / sales tax return form 1