Rank: 249 / 999

5 selected articles

US Expat IRS Estimated Taxes and Payments Explained

Ines Zemelman, EA


As a US Citizen or Green Card Holder working overseas and you have income from which US taxes are not withheld, it may be necessary for you to pay estimated taxes throughout the year. Whether or not you're required to make estimated tax payments during the tax year will depend upon a variety of factors such as your job description and the type of income you earn.


Read more

Date: 2018-04-05 17:58:28

Simple Tax Guide for Americans in Hong Kong

Country Guides

At Taxes for Expats we have been preparing U.S. tax returns for U.S. Citizens and Green Card holders in Hong Kong for over 16 years.

We have set u a dedicated HK phone line for our clients from Hong Kong: +852 3008 3402

Among all the possible destinations for US expats, Hong Kong appears near the top of the list in popularity. Of course,...

Read more

Date: 2018-04-05 09:19:34

Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return - Form 1040NR Guide

By Ines Zemelman, EA

Who Should Use This Guide?

This guide is for anyone who is not a US citizen or Green card holder, but has a US tax filing requirement. Situations which may bring about such a requirement are:

You have income from the US (ie - US rental income, part year employment, investment income) but do not meet the substantial presence test which would require a U.S. resident tax...

Read more

Date: 2018-04-05 09:14:52

Taxes for Expats - Top Rated Tax Service for Americans Abroad.

What we can do for you

Prepare US Tax Returns for you no matter where you are in the world

With clients in 190+ countries, we've seen it all.

Check your self prepared returns for accuracy/compliance

Decided to DIY? We can review your return for you.


Perform Tax Projections

Planning a move abroad? Deciding whether or not to sell property? Life changes bring tax changes - we can prepare a...

Read more

Date: 2018-04-05 09:14:58

Sale Of Primary Residence & Capital Gains Tax

Their plan is to retire in Florida, but before they move, they sell their primary residence for $600K.  They are able to exclude $500K from their income, and they are required to pay the 20% capital gains tax and an additional 3.8% for the NIIT.  Their total tax liability on the sale of their primary residence is $23,800.  Two years after moving into their beach house, they decide to sell it...

Read more

Date: 2018-04-05 12:24:01